"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

27 February 2007

February 27, 2007

Whew! No photos posted for ten days, and then wham! Here they are! I have been taking the pictures, just not diligent about getting them up. It's been a busy week (and I am a weenie). I actually wrote a post on my regular - which is mostly irregular - Web Log, too. Will the wonders ever cease?

Today's photo illustrates progress in my continuing battle with "Toasted Plants From the Big Freeze of '07!" Another view of the front porch. Steve whacked back the bougainvillea and I did the clean-up work: chopped back a pile of deer grass and a totally crunchy asparagus fern. Added some fresh bark for a good measure. We've either killed everything or it'll come back better than ever. Regardless, drastic measures needed to be taken.