"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

23 March 2007

March 23, 2007

I've been Spring Cleaning and keep discovering new projects that I'm trying to complete before I head into the field for the summer. When it gets hot, here, my ambitions just plummet and not much gets accomplished, but in the Spring and Fall I tend to go over the top.

Today I took another load of discards to the Goodwill and did some mending. Steve can be pretty rough on his clothes - especially his pants. This old Singer sewing machine belonged to my grandmother, and I just love it. I stitched up two pairs of pants and one pair of shorts, plus a pair of sweat pants and sewed a fastener on a pair of my own capris pants. I enjoy sitting in front of this window 'cause the light is really good.

Hello, Mr. Snail! I recorded 0.68" of rain here for yesterday and last night. Everything is all washed and fresh and green and bright. Mr. Snail, here, was climbing on the side of the garage to escape from all the water. He's been PhotoShopped - very cool.