"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

31 March 2007

March 31, 2007

It's a beautiful day, today. I know because I stepped outside briefly to retrieve my camera from the trunk of my car. The snot-producing machine called my nose is still in full action, so I thought I'd spend the day in my room resting.

One of the nice things about my "home away from home" is that I generally get the same room every time I stay here, and right outside my door and around the corner is THIS. Yup, a gas fireplace and a small library. It's at the top of the stairs (with a lovely wooden banister), that sweep up from the lobby below. Last night I borrowed an "Archy McNally" mystery (Archy's Risk), from the library and then read it while I soaked in a hot bath.