"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

11 May 2007

May 9, 2007

I'm home. Snot and all. As I was heading down the hill from Silver to Lordsburg, over the Continental Divide, my ears popped and my sinuses started to drain. Ugh.

Maybe and Uh, Clem were both happy to see me, although Maybe, not thrilled with the state of her litter box, left me a "welcome home" surprise on the living room floor. (Good kitty.)Steve , thinking he'd be home before I was, left things a bit messy, but as I was tidying up, I realized that the only way I would come home to a house exactly the way I'd left it was if I was living alone. I'd rather have kitties and Steve to mess it up! It was kind of an epiphany, and I embraced the clutter.

Today's photo is of the hollyhocks and the peaches beginning to ripen on the tree outside my dining room window. They are a delight! I look forward to the peaches - always delicious - and Steve's annual Peach Cobbler, made with a FANTASTIC recipe from "Robert's Creekside Cafe" in Sedona.