"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

23 April 2007

April 23, 2007

It must be Monday, because the all the outlets associated with the 20 amp breaker (#3 on the sub-panel in the pantry in the kitchen), aren't working! Argh! Steve and I checked the breaker itself with our multi-meter and there is nothing wrong with it. The grounded outlet in my day room is hot, but no current is flowing (which means the neutral is shorted or disconnected or something somewhere in the circuit).

We had an electrician out this morning, but he reminded me of Latka from "Taxi" and barely spoke English (not that I consider that in any way to affect his abilities; however, I can't communicate my concerns effectively), and he seemed less than enthusiastic to be here. After he showed us the price list for "troubleshooting," I thanked him and called "Jay." Jay will be here tomorrow.

Today's photo shows the extension cord which is plugged into a working outlet in the kitchen and the power strip in my day room (which is why I am still able to use the computer - tah dah!).

Bonus photo: On a cheerier note, Steve's parents are coming to dinner and we've got produce fresh from the garden. And I made chocolate pudding!