"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

31 July 2007

July 27, 2007

Tragedy strikes! While I was en route home, today, two news 'copters (channel 3 and channel 15), collided over Steele Indian School Park. This is what's left. The pilots and cameramen (four people in all), did not survive. In this densely populated area of downtown Phoenix, it's a miracle they didn't crash into a building - the Veteran's Hospital is adjacent to the park. I live about a mile and a half from the site. I am just sick about it.

The day before, torrential rains caused the roof of my Safeway store to collapse. Fortunately, nobody was injured. I feel like I'm some sort of vortex. And I was SO crabby from the traffic on the freeway when I was driving home - news like this makes me re-think my priorities and count my many blessings all over again!