"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

16 July 2007

July 9, 2007

Today, Michael left in this on a road trip from New Mexico to Vermont, where the load will be dropped. Then from Vermont to Pennsylvania to retrieve his books from storage, and then back to New Mexico. I am house sitting while he is away (move the car around, pick up the mail, eat his food, drink his beer, sneak off with books and DVD's that look good - heh heh heh!).

Michael sent these two pics and a narrative to go with:

"This egg was less than a foot from the shoulder of I70, beside which I stopped to piddle, and came across this. It was laid by some bird that just drops its egg in this grassy medium, and then hatches it there.....I have seen several birds that do this in PA. Seems more dangerous than it probably really is, given the probability of any one car/person stopping at any one point on a long road. I was charmed."