"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

25 August 2007

August 20, 2007

And so, after a two-week sojourn in California and a week at home in Phoenix, I am headed back to my home-away-from home in Silver City, New Mexico. I decided that whenever possible I am not going to drive through Tucson to get here. Although it's faster, it is longer and almost entirely interstate driving - ugly and stressful.

Driving east on the 60, I pass through a myriad of small towns with antique shops and unique restaurants. I cruise right by the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. It's mostly scenic the entire way, and a slower pace that keeps my blood pressure below the boiling point.

Once in New Mexico - thunderheads building towards afternoon showers.

Lovely and pastoral. There are sunflowers EVERYWHERE right now. It is so green!