"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

15 October 2007

October 15, 2007

Do you have a morning routine? I do. It's a little bit different than it used to be now that I'm minus one cat; however, I generally get up and open the blinds in the dining room and then make a pot of coffee (Grounds for Change - Shade Grown and Fair Trade: socially conscious coffee - And now, back to our regular program...). I pad around checking the houseplants and opening the blinds in the rest of the house while the coffee brews. Once it's done, I either settle back in bed or, lately, take my coffee outside and nestle in a chair on the back porch.

This morning, I was arrested by the glow of the sun on this candle holder which sits on the dining room table. I love that "certain slant of light." The whole thing kind of shimmered in a lovely way.