"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

10 October 2007

October 9, 2007

Yesterday, everyone left. Mom and Dad went back to Truckee. Steve went to Silver City. My kitty is gone to Heaven. I didn't take a picture. I was actually feeling kind of sorry for myself. I did some cleaning and tidying, but nothing really earthshaking. I awoke about 3:30 AM to a loud booming sound and then the power went out. I don't know if someone hit a utility pole or what but it was off for over an hour. I went outside and could see stars (which can be unusual in the heart of the Big City). It was very quiet. I decided to take a hot bath and then I crawled back into bed. Felt kind of foggy this morning.

This is the best I could do. A picture of the basil on the back porch. I LOVE basil. It's one of my favorite herbs. Love to grow it, love the way it smells, and I love to eat it with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese on top of a sourdough baguette. Yummy!