"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

20 October 2007

October 16, 2007

I read recently an article sent to me by a friend that addressed the grief over the loss of a pet. How it's different (of course) than the grief we feel when we lose a human friend or family member, and how the difference is often in the details. Very true. I still walk gingerly so I don't inadvertently kick the cat. It feels funny to leave the gate open. It's hard to bypass the Pet Care aisle at the grocery store. Guess it will just take time - like all things.

Meanwhile, my parents transported Maybe's "Estate" to California to give to my sister's kitty, Uzi. My sister sent me this photo today of Uzi enjoying the Boogie Mat and toys that I sent out for him. It's wonderful to see him with the toys - a bit more healing.

My sister sent me also this photograph of her and Jerry. A friend took it of the two of them. I think the blue is a fabulous color on Amy and makes a great background, too.