"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

18 November 2007

November 16, 2007

I've been working out in the garage - which I've taken to calling "Studio Butler" - all week. It's been warm enough that I can keep the side door open and thus can hear the burbling of the waterfall in the pond. It's quite relaxing.

Our roses are blooming right now, too. That just seems odd, doesn't it? It's November, nearly Thanksgiving, and our flowers are still blooming! It's always this way and yet in the twenty years that I've been living here, I still marvel at how warm it is this time of year.

This is a sugar pine cone - the largest of all pine cones. I have one on the back porch and it just struck me as pretty. I had the camera in my hand and so, voila! There it is.