"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

28 November 2007

November 28, 2007

I'm a slug. I've been sitting in bed all morning. Originally, I was scheduled to drive to New Mexico today to work but my schedule got changed and I won't be leaving until Sunday. So, here I am being a complete potato. I know I should go for a walk. I know I should work in the garden. I know there are a dozen other things I should be doing and yet I'm in that funny retrospective place that tends to keep me sitting with my heating pad and musing about life.

I'm fortunate I have this luxury, actually. I know many, many people do not. So, I'll finish out my day of sloth and prepare myself mentally to "git after it" tomorrow. In the meantime, I stuck my head out the front door and took this photo of some pine cones I have sitting in a pot on my front porch. What can I say: I have a thing about pine cones. They're amazing plant structures.