"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." ~ John Muir

12 November 2007

November 2, 2007

I know I should be taking my own photos but so often the photos that others send to me become representative of my day. Like this one. It's a photo of the changing leaves in the aspen in my parents' front yard. I think it is absolutely beautiful. Beauty signaling the end of long days of sunlight and ushering the long days of darkness.

Well, we don't really get that so much here in Phoenix. But there is still that part of me that relishes the darkness that is soon to be sprinkled with holiday lights and cheer. Autumn is my favorite season (with Spring running a close second), and I think it's because it is like a door. It closes Summer behind us and opens towards family gatherings and good tidings in front of us.